Weekly Update – May 13th, 2018
Better than Busy…
“Martha’s world requires Mary’s Heart”
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Sunday and we hope all the Mom’s had a wonderful and blessed Mother’s Day! What an amazingly heartfelt and moving Praise & Worship experience, led by Stephen and Lori Ward!
This Sunday Pastor Jason taught us that we need to remember to focus on what is most important in our walk with The Lord. We need have the heart of Mary. (Luke 10:38-42)
In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason thanked God for His presence, and thanked Him for entrance into every heart with words led by His Spirit. He thanked God for truth, wisdom and revelation knowledge, and the opportunity to fellowship and glorify His name together, equipping us for the journey. In Jesus name. Amen.
“Better than Busy…”
- When we get busy, we forget to focus on what’s most important in life.
- What’s most important in life is our walk with, and spending time with The Lord!
- We are called to serve each other, but not at the expense of spending time in the presence of The Lord!
- Service should be an outflow of your spending time in His presence!
- We need to serve like Martha, but with the heart of Mary! (Luke 10:38-42).
- Sometimes we get so excited about our purpose, that we position purpose over Presence!
- You cannot have a purpose driven life if you don’t spend time with the one who gives you purpose!
- Jesus wants you to spend time with Him so He can empower you to fulfill the purpose that He has given to you!
- If we serve out of obligation or duty to perform, we are just part of the great spiritual theme park.
- In church, we’ve become very good at having spiritual theme parks!
- We’ve developed places to meet the needs that we cycle in and out of in the church.
- We have to stop focusing on what we do in the body of Christ, and start focusing on why we do! (James 2:18)
- We have become competitive in the body of Christ.
- Churches compete with each other instead of connecting with each other.
- We need to understand that everything we do in the church, in the Body of Christ, has to be connected to having the heart of Mary.
- Sometimes we go to church to get answers, but instead we leave more confused than when we got there, leaving us with unanswered questions and more questions.
- We need to bring the message back to the simplicity of the Gospel and not make things so complicated!
- God did not bring us into the Kingdom life to make things complex!
- His message is simple: “I love you unconditionally”, “I am your savior” “I want to spend time with you”, “I am here to help you, because I love you”.
- God wants us to focus on a relationship with Him – seek first, His Kingdom! (Matthew 6:33)
- As humans, we have the tendency to put ourselves first, to put ourselves on our own throne – “It’s all about me!”
- Because we know God loves us so much, we have become seekers of everything He has to offer us, rather than seeking Him!
- You can’t seek the Kingdom unless you make the King your priority!
- Focus on the one who made the difference, and what He has to offer you in the Kingdom!
- In this life, we all have problems, that’s why we really do need Jesus!
- God wants to meet our needs, based on the relationship we with have with Him!
- Everything you need will be added to you, if you seek His Kingdom first!
- In life we keep seeking for things to make us satisfied and fulfilled, but without seeking Him first, our satisfaction will only be a temporary, fleeting thing, which only leads to disappointment and frustration!
- God is holistic in everything He does. He cares about everything concerning us.
- Salvation is made for all three parts or our being – Spirit, Soul and Body!
- Jesus is the answer to all of our problems, for all we need…
- When we come into His presence, that’s where miracles take place!
- When you have the heart of Mary, you will sit at the feet of Jesus and when you sit at the feet of Jesus all the mess going on in your life begins to wash away!
- Anything that manifests out of your life has to be born out of a relationship with Him.
- Spending time in His presence will change your perspective about everything you see, everything you are going through.
- You will stop looking at everything happening to you as something coming against you, and look at it as something bigger coming for you! Having this perspective of faith, will help you feel like you can knock down a mountain! (Matthew 17: 19-20)
- Be radical for Jesus! (Definition of Radical: relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of).
- You must welcome God into your life!
- You have to have a heart ready to receive!
- God is looking for people who hunger for Him, who want a better way than what the world has to offer.
- People that encounter God, have learned how to prepare the atmosphere of their life and their home to welcome God into it.
- God wants to come into your life, but remember…He gave us free will!
- If you don’t welcome Him in He won’t come in!
- You must have a welcoming Spirit!
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit with your behavior!
- If you want everything The Lord has for you, you have to make Him welcome!
- God designed you for His presence but you have to prepare a place for Him! (1st Chronicles 15:1-3)
- God dwells in prepared places!
- God is not going to share your place with something else that’s ungodly!
- God is not going to share you with anything!
- God sets a throne up in the presence of people that praise Him!
- He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
- When God lives in your heart, He sits on the throne of your life to make judgements, declarations and proclamations over your life! God wants you to be blessed in spirit, soul and body and give you a victorious life!
- Aren’t you glad God lives in your heart today? (Ephesians 3:17)
“We need to have the heart of Mary”… Luke 10:38-42
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” 41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
“Why do we serve” … James 2:18
But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
“Seek first the Kingdom”… Matthew 6:33
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
“Faith to move Mountains” … Matthew 17:19-20
19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” 20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
“David prepared a place for the Ark of God” … 1st Chronicles 15: 1-3
David built houses for himself in the City of David; and he prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched a tent for it. 2 Then David said, “No one may carry the ark of God but the Levites, for the Lord has chosen them to carry the ark of God and to minister before Him forever.” 3 And David gathered all Israel together at Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the Lord to its place, which he had prepared for it.
“God lives in your heart” … Ephesians 3:17
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
By Lisa Young of Truth Church