Weekly Update – June 24th, 2018
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Sunday. What an amazing worship experience! As the Praise team led the congregation, it felt as if the Sanctuary was elevated off of its foundation and took flight towards the Heavens! Thank you Pastor Simone and the Praise team for ushering us into His presence!
This Sunday Pastor Jason continued his message entitled “What’s in your house”. He continued with an in-depth study of the book of Ruth. We can learn a lot from the Book of Ruth because it is a great lesson about family, relationships and redemption! (*Read book of Ruth 1:1-17).
In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason thanked God for giving him the ability to preach and teach. He thanked Him for His beautiful presence in the house and that our hearts be wide open to receive the truth, and His word be imparted to us with revelation. He prayed that everyone would leave today with a new level of understanding that would lead us to our God given destiny. “In Jesus Name…Amen”.
“What’s in your house? (part 2)”
- One of the greatest things in life is the fact that we can be redeemed and forgiven for what we’ve done! (Ephesians 1:7-12)
- You did do it, You know you did it and thank God for redemption through His son Jesus Christ!
- God has called you to fulfill His purpose in your life!
- No matter how hard we try to take our own path and go our own way, God will not be denied by you and God will not let you make a liar out of Him!
- God’s purposes will be fulfilled, because He is God all by Himself!
- Sometimes God will let you take your own path so that you can learn and grow through your trials, conflicts and failings which can ultimately strengthen you to fulfill the path and destiny He has planned for your life.
- Sometimes we find ourselves in a difficult place, and God allows you to lose something, because He has something better for you!
- Don’t quit and run! Your conflict could be the thing preparing you for your next!
- Conflict is an indicator that something needs to change!
- Conflict will contain your life and box you in and keep you from your next!
- Don’t run from a fight that will process you to your next level!
- Everytime you run to Moab, hide, withdraw, you are telling God you do not want to change! (Jeremiah 48:11)
- Sometimes we equate change with relocation. We run from our problem instead of facing it.
- Don’t cut and run, stand up and fight!
- You learn through the process of life, but you have to let God process you!
- God is trying to make nice sweet wine in your life, but if you refuse to be processed you’ll never be what He called you to be!
- God is always opening doors and closing doors.
- Nothing just happens!
- If you run from your destiny, you will never be the blessing to others that God called only you to be!
- There are many talented people that never fulfilled their God given purpose buried in a cemetery along with their purpose.
- We have a covenant with the almighty creator of heaven and earth! You need to get into His presence and be filled with His Holy Spirit!
- It’s a horrible feeling to believe that you’ve missed your opportunity to step into your blessing…your destiny.
- If you are alive today, you have not missed your opportunity! You have options!
- Whatever happened in the past, is in the past! God will redeem the time you lost!
- God lives in the eternal NOW!
- When the pressure is on from the enemy, in the name of Jesus, say “Hell No!”
- You need to take a stand against hell, trying to infiltrate your life and keep you down!
- You need God’s presence to overwhelm you, overtake you and help you overcome!
- In His presence, everything can be made right…not by your will, but His will!
- Once you get into His presence, you will be able to conquer anything!
- The Word comes alive in His presence!
- Get back to the heart of worship! Worship has to be emotional!
- If it isn’t moving you, it’s not moving God!
- What’s in your house? Is there any singing going on in your house?
- You need to Get your Praise on!
- In the book of Ephesians, it says we need to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs and make music in your heart to Him! (Ephesians 5:19)
- The primary instruction for the New Testament Church, was the book of Psalms.
- We need a Holistic approach to worshipping God, with all our heart, soul, mind and strength!
- Every part of your being should worship God, your creator, your Savior!
- Worship is the fruit of obedience to the Word!
- Remember, before you are a Preacher, Teacher, Profit, Elder, Mother, Father, Husband, Wife, Friend, you are a worshipper!
- We have all kinds of expressions of worship, but no matter how we worship, most importantly, we must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth! (John 4:23-24)
*Read the Book of Ruth because it is a great lesson about family, relationships and redemption! (Ruth 1:1-17).
“Praise God! We have been redeemed” … Ephesians 1:7-12
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
“Don’t settle and remain the same” … Jeremiah 48:11
“Moab has been at ease from his youth;
He has settled on his dregs,
And has not been emptied from vessel to vessel,
Nor has he gone into captivity.
Therefore his taste remained in him,
And his scent has not changed.
“You need to get your praise on!” … Ephesians 5:19
When you meet together, sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, as you praise the Lord with all your heart.
“Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth” … John 4:23-24
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
By Lisa Young of Truth Church