Weekly Update – June 17th, 2018
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Sunday. We hope all the Father’s enjoyed a Happy and blessed Father’s Day! The atmosphere in the sanctuary was wonderfully charged with His presence, as the Praise team began by leading us with uplifting and high energy celebratory songs of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for all He has done, and then soft, contemplative devotion, and heart-felt praises of surrender to His goodness, grace and mercy!
In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason thanked God for His Holy Spirit anointing the house. “We honor and worship You Lord, our heavenly Father, this Father’s Day and always, for being the greatest Father of all time! Lord let Your Holy Spirit speak to us and unfold our destiny! Reveal truth to us in our hearts and transform us into what You created us to be.” In Jesus Name…Amen”.
This Sunday Pastor Jason’s message was entitled “What’s in your house.” He taught us that we must learn to be overcomers, because there are rewards for those who trust in the Lord. We must have faith that He will carry us through any crisis and not run to something that seems better as did Ruth and her family (Ruth 1:1-6), because an even worse situation will likely follow. He taught us about the two things we must have in our house: 1) A hunger for the Word of God, for love and truth, and 2) A hunger for His presence and a love for things of the Spirit.
“What’s in your house? (part 1)”
- Before God is King, Lord, and Savior, He is our Father, and He chose us to be His children!
- He is a good, good Father! He calls His children to be overcomers!
- Belief in Christ is the initial, most fundamental component of overcoming. (1st John 5:5)
- God’s hope in calling each of us is that all His children would also be overcomers!
- It’s the Jesus in us that causes us to overcome!
- If you really want to overcome, you have to embrace the one who overcame!
- His rewards are for the overcomers!
- In every crisis, you can see a great obstacle, or a great opportunity – your choice!
- When we are faced with a crisis and we are not connected to the Kingdom of God, we give up the fight and allow defeat to overtake our life which can ultimately destroy our life.
- When we are connected to the Kingdom of God, we can have a different perspective and respond rather than react, knowing what we know about God’s promises to us.
- If we react to a crisis rather than respond, we don’t know who we are in Christ!
- We need to stay connected to the Kingdom of God, to inherit the promises of God!
- God knows where your heart is!
- When we go through a crisis or test, we also go through a process, and we discover things about ourselves that we didn’t know before; how smart, tough, strong, resilient, we are in Him!
- You cannot get to your potential by trying to short-circuit the “process” in order to inherit the promises of God!
- Do you look like Jesus when you go through a crisis — or the devil?
- We need to reflect the image of God in the earth to be a witness and testimony of His goodness, mercy and grace!
- God is the Father of truth and life and promises you that you can overcome! Trust in God!
- The devil is the father of lies, keeping you held down and bound, discouraged and defeated, convincing you that there is no way out of your present situation! Keeping you in Moab!
- Moab is the place you go when you don’t want to make changes in your life, staying stuck in your present situation not trying to do any better (Jeremiah 48:10-13)
- Get out of Moab! Go to the house of Praise! God has a purpose and plan for your life!
- You must position yourself where God can release the blessings He planned for your life!
- We are meant to be blessed and live in the overflow!
- Get wrapped up in His presence and overcome anything that comes at you!
- Don’t be defeated by your present circumstances or your environment!
- You need to get into and stay in an environment that is conducive to your growth!
- Go to church every week! Fellowship with other believers! Stay in the Word!
- You need to be in the place of Bethlehem Judah! The place of His Word and being in His presence! A city of provision and praise!
- People of presence are grounded in His Word!
- The bible reveals the nature and the characteristics of the God we serve!
- Love the Spirit and the Word the same!
- God speaks to us everyday in Spirit and in Truth!
- If you are going to live life to the fullest you have to live off the present-day truth – The proceeding Word of God! (Matthew 4:4)
- God said in His Word “My sheep hear my voice”. We need to train our ears to hear the voice of God! (John 10:27)
- Jesus is the Word! You can’t get free if you don’t know the Word!
- You have to pursue God, His Spirit, His Word, and have relentless faith!
- Sometimes you have to press on and cling to the hem of His garment to overcome your situation! Don’t let go, don’t give up! God will come through because of your relentless faith!
- You need a word from God! He has a purpose and plan for your life!
- You can’t live without a word from God!
- Stop living by what God said and live by what He is saying!
- Truth is being revealed every day, because generations change!
- The Spirit of God lives inside of you! Be an overcomer in life by the Spirit and Word of God!
- Listen to what He is speaking to your heart and don’t get offended!
- In life, love always overcomes offense!
- God’s Word is very offensive, and that’s why people try to change His word to fit their lifestyle, instead of changing their lifestyle to fit His Word!
- If you are dying and lost, you don’t need someone to make you “feel good” you need someone to reveal God’s truth to you and help you overcome!
- Stop cycling in and out of offense, never learning to overcome and struggling with your identity in Christ!
- God loves you so much that He sent His only son to die for you, so that you may have eternal life! (John 3:16)
- We need a hunger for the Word of God, His love and truth, and a hunger for His presence and a love for things of the Spirit! It is only then, we can be an overcomer!
“Naomi Loses Her Husband and Sons” …Ruth 1:1-6
1 In the days when the judges ruled there was a famine in the land. So a man from Bethlehem in Judah, together with his wife and two sons, went to live for a while in the country of Moab. 2 The man’s name was Elimelek, his wife’s name was Naomi, and the names of his two sons were Mahlon and Kilion. They were Ephrathites from Bethlehem, Judah. And they went to Moab and lived there. 3 Now Elimelek, Naomi’s husband, died, and she was left with her two sons. 4 They married Moabite women, one named Orpah and the other Ruth. After they had lived there about ten years, 5 both Mahlon and Kilion also died, and Naomi was left without her two sons and her husband. 6 When Naomi heard in Moab that the Lord had come to the aid of his people by providing food for them, she and her daughters-in-law prepared to return home from there.
“The Overcomer” … 1st John 5:5
5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
“Get out of Moab!” … Jeremiah 48:10-13
10“A curse on anyone who is lax in doing the Lord’s work! A curse on anyone who keeps their sword from bloodshed! 11 “Moab has been at rest from youth, like wine left on its dregs, not poured from one jar to another— she has not gone into exile. So she tastes as she did, and her aroma is unchanged. 12 But days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will send men who pour from pitchers,and they will pour her out; they will empty her pitchers and smash her jars.13 Then Moab will be ashamed of Chemosh, as Israel was ashamed when they trusted in Bethel.
“God’s Word” … Matthew 4:4
4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
“Hear God’s voice” … John 10:27
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
“God loves you so much” … John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
By Lisa Young of Truth Church