Weekly Update – June 10th, 2018
Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you…”
2nd Chronicles 20:17
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Sunday. The Praise Team passionately worshiped and lifted up the name of Jesus, welcoming His Holy presence, and His Spirit was felt mightily in the room! This Sunday Pastor Jason reminded us that we cannot overcome anything if we are depressed, angry and disappointed. “The joy of the Lord is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10).” We are the Salt & Light of the World! His message for today was entitled “Who is influencing Who?” In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason thanked God for His Holy Spirit filling up the room. He asked God to let his words be anointed by His Holy Spirit, and that we humbly submit to revelation that is life changing. He asked that we not be close-minded but that we let God’s revelation of truth speak to our hearts today, in Jesus name…Amen”.
“Who’s influencing Who?”
- Get your priorities straight!
- Glorify the Lord!
- God’s number one priority is not the salvation of mankind, it is the Glory of God!
- Everything happening in Heaven today is glorifying God!
- Heaven is not upset, and the throne is not shaken or caught off guard!
- Heaven is not in a struggle like we are here on earth!
- God knows everything that is happening and what is going to happen before it happens!
- The Heavenly Kingdom is exactly opposite of the earthly kingdom!
- In the Heavenly Kingdom if you want to be great, you have to be last and learn how to humble yourself and learn how to serve.
- When Jesus taught the sermon on the mount, the disciples were not yet disciples, but followers of a good teacher.
- They were a minority, a Jewish people ruled by a dictator that ruled the Roman Empire.
- They believed they had no power, influence or impact in the world they lived in because they were subjects of an empire, and earthly kingdom and dominated by the culture they lived in.
- Jesus revealed to them something they had never heard before!
- He told them they were the salt of the earth, the light of the world, and a city on a hill that cannot be hidden! (Matthew 5:13-16)
- He told them they belonged to another Kingdom – the Kingdom of Heaven!
- The Kingdom of Heaven is not an earthly kingdom. There is no address and you cannot find it by a map or compass!
- The Kingdom of Heaven is something you find by the location of your heart by getting revelation of truth that invades your life and a Kingdom reality that invades who you are!
- God knows your heart!
- He knows what you are thinking before you think it!
- He knows the intent behind the motive that you have when you are motivated to do something good or bad!
- God knows you better than you know yourself!
- God knows when you do good things for the wrong reason!
- God knows when you are being phony, and He knows when you are being real!
- Remember this: “Men look at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart (Samuel 16:7)
- The person sitting beside you doesn’t know your heart.
- The problem is, it is easy to pretend to be something we are not!
- On the outside, we can project an image of someone totally submitted to God, walking a great walk with Him for all to see, but on the inside, we can be miserable and lost!
- Only God can see and knows the truth because He looks at our heart! We need His salvation!
- Our salvation cannot be earned by our works – Salvation comes by God’s grace! It is a free gift of God!
- We need to fully submit our life to God and fix our attention on Him! He will transform us from the inside out and renew our hearts and minds! (Romans 12:1-2)
- There is nothing we need to do, nothing we can do, to earn God’s salvation, grace, mercy.
- God has already given us everything we need in life, it is up to us to have faith and trust in Him to appropriate all that He has given us through His grace and mercy. (2nd Peter 1:3)
- God’s grace will lead us to repentance! (Romans 2:4)
- Don’t allow mixture in your life! When you allow mixture in your life, you dilute your ability to influence!
- If you act like the world, look like the world and live like the world, how are you going to Glorify God before the world?
- We need to be Salt & Light!
- If Salt loses its flavor, it’s good for nothing!
- Many saved people believe that as long as they are saved, it doesn’t matter how they live their lives because God loves them and God understands!
- If you believe this then you may go to heaven when you die, but you are going to live in hell until you get there, cycling in and out of depression, addiction and affliction all of your life!
- What is it keeping you in bondage to, and what is it that you love so much about this world? “Do Not Love the World!” (1 John 2:15-16)
- We have got to get the hell out of us!
- Once the spirit of God is living inside of us, we can no longer continue living in our sinful ways!
- We Glorify God by living a life that is pleasing and acceptable to Him!
- When people see the “right way” we act and how we live, it will be a witness to God’s goodness and it Glorifies Him!
- When people see the light of God shining through by the way you live, they will want to know what it is that is so different about you, and how is it that you still remain peaceful in the midst of turmoil, while anyone else in your situation would have a meltdown.
- Be a witness to the lost in the world by Glorifying God in every situation!
- The battle you face is not for today but is preparing you for your future!
- Don’t dwell on the past – IT’S GONE! … but learn from it!
- Chart a course for your future based on what you’ve learned from your past experiences.
- God does not want you to die on the threshold of your promise!
- God is so good! (Psalm 145:9)
- God has good thoughts about you, and a purpose and a destiny planned just for you! (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God is preparing you for your next…for a new opportunity, for a larger world from which you came!
- The question is…Will this world influence you…or will you influence the world you live in?
- We must learn how to influence the culture – or it will influence us!
- Don’t let the atmosphere surrounding your life dictate the circumstances of your life.
- Don’t be moved by what you see, feel or how someone else treated you wrong or made you feel.
- Don’t be a Victim! Renew your mind! Rule your environment! Be a Victor and live a victorious life in Christ!
“The Joy of the Lord” … Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”
“We are Salt & Light!” … Matthew 5:13-16
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
“God looks at the heart” … Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
“Be Ye Transformed” … Romans 12:1-2 (the Message [MSG] translation)
1So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. 2Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
“We have all we need!” … 2nd Peter 1:3
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
“God’s Grace will lead us to repentance” … Romans 2:4
Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?
“Do Not Love the World!” … 1 John 2:15-16
15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
“God is so good!” … Psalm 145:9
The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.
“A purpose and a destiny planned just for you” … Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
By Lisa Young of Truth Church