Weekly Update – May 20th, 2018
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Pentacost Sunday, which is known as “the birthday of the church” and marks the day when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles. As the congregation was led by the Praise team, the Holy spirit moved, and His presence was felt mightily in the atmosphere! This Sunday Pastor Jason started a new 3-part sermon series entitled “Wise Guys”.
In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason thanked God for His presence, and thanked Him for entrance into every heart with words led by His Spirit. He prayed that we will be changed from the inside out and that we would reach further than ever before to obtain the things that God has set before us in our understanding of our purpose and what we are called to do. In Jesus name…Amen.
“Wise Guys – part 1”
- God made you unique and complex!
- Your complexity is a testimony of the goodness of God!
- There is no-one else like you in the world!
- God knew us before we were formed in our mother’s womb!
- God ordained something special just for you and you alone to do!
- We work from the beginning to the end – but God works from the end to the beginning!
- You have a divine ability, a call, a destiny, a blueprint for your life!
- Our footsteps are ordered of The Lord!
- There is a specific purpose for everyone! A purpose which existed before we existed!
- God has an anointing for your life, which means you don’t need anyone else’s anointing!
- You don’t have to live your life being a cheap copy!
- You are a wonderful masterpiece! A work of art! (Psalm 139:14)
- You are a custom work!
- When you recognize that you are unique and have a special anointing on your life to accomplish an assignment only meant for you, you will realize that your gifting and purpose was not made for just you! It was meant for the people that God called you to!
- The greatest tragedy in life is when a person does not discover what they were meant to live for and live aimlessly with no purpose!
- We are all on a journey in life and have to face things.
- We are the sum of the environment we live in, the people we encounter and the things we walk through in life.
- We sometimes make a mess of our lives, stepping into something we have decided is our destined path, instead of seeking the path that God has destined for our life.
- Don’t become complacent and settled in where you are, living in survival mode in a pattern of mediocrity with no joy in life, only struggle and pressure.
- Seek and pursue the purpose and destiny that God has planned for your life!
- Destiny is not decided, it’s discovered!
- You shape your destiny by the habits you form – which can either be winning or losing!
- Create winning habits! Be like a Locust! Be hungry, driven, motivated and wise! (Proverbs 30:24)
- Have a winning attitude which effects movement and change for the better!
- When the Holy Spirit shows up in our lives, things begin to change!
- It pleases God to show up in unlikely vessels!
- You were on your way to hell and God interrupted your journey!
- You didn’t find The Lord – He was never lost!
- God shifts our pattern of living with strategy that changes our lives forever!
- When you have an uncommon moment with God it can shift the direction your life was heading in and present to you the opportunity of a lifetime!
- Remember, the opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity!
- If you don’t seize the opportunity when it occurs, doors can be shut!
- Don’t ignore, put off or walk by it – engage the opportunity!
- Sometimes we have an opportunity and we hold back because we are not so sure God is in it. That’s why we need a daily walk with The Lord so we can have a discerning spirit to know when it is God calling us to step out in faith (Hebrews 3:15)
- God specializes in taking standard equipment and putting “super” on the “natural”!
- God is a “Yes” God!
- This season can be your “Yes” season! Have faith in what God has planned and promised for your life!
- The promises of God are “Yes” and “Amen”! (2 Corinthians 1:20)
- God works from the inside out!
- You have the Spirit of God living on the inside of you!
- You are more than enough – it’s an “inside job”!
- Until your revelation becomes greater than your environment, you will always live a life of containment!
- Don’t lower your expectations to your experience!
- If the devil has any authority in your life it’s because you let him into the door of your life!
- The devil is a liar and he has no power but what you give him!
- The devil does not have a new scheme and he has no new power!
- The devil is just a mouse with a megaphone!
- He agrees with you when you disagree with what God says about you!
- The devil is not co-equal with God – he can’t “get” to God, so he goes after God’s children! (1 Peter 5:8)
- If you believe a lie – you behave a lie – then you become a lie!
- The devil is our adversary – not God’s – but he really is insignificant if you live right!
- We need to recognize who God is in us!
- Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world! (1 John 4:4)
- God is greater than any attack, anything we go through, anything we can imagine!
- God will use all the broken places of your life to propel you to your destiny!
- God holds the whole world in the palm of His hand!
- We cannot measure God – He is a BIG God!
- God made destiny!
- He gave you a reason to live, turned your life around and set you on a new path to discover and fulfill your God-given purpose that was planned only for you!
- God will provide you what you need for the journey He purposed for you!
- With God living inside you – you cannot be defeated!
- Locusts refuse to quit! They are relentless in their pursuit of whatever is in front of them! Be like a locust!
- Go from faith to faith…glory to glory!
- Locusts know when – they wait until the wind begins to stir and allow the current to take them where they want to go!
- Be like a Locust! Say “Yes Lord, I am ready for my next”…and the broken places of your life won’t define you anymore!
- Let God propel you into the path of the destiny of your life!
- Don’t give up! You must have relentless faith and a passionate pursuit of God! (Hebrews 10:39)
“Fearfully and wonderfully made” … Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
“Do not harden your heart” … Hebrews 3:15
As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.”
“Yes and Amen!” … 2nd Corinthians 1:20
20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
“The devil wants to destroy God’s children” … 1 Peter 5:8
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
“Exceedingly wise” … Proverbs 30:24
There are four things which are little on the earth,
But they are exceedingly wise:
25 The ants are a people not strong,
Yet they prepare their food in the summer;
26 The rock badgers are a feeble folk,
Yet they make their homes in the crags;
27 The locusts have no king,
Yet they all advance in ranks;
28 The spider skillfully grasps with its hands,
And it is in kings’ palaces.
“Greater is He that is in me” … 1 John 4
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
“Relentless Faith” … Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
By Lisa Young of Truth Church