Weekly Update – June 3rd, 2018
Blessings Truth Church Family!
We hope you were able to join us, either in person or on-line this Sunday. The atmosphere in the sanctuary was lifted up as the Praise team led us into the presence of the Holy Spirit. This Sunday Pastor Jason continued his 3-part sermon, with part 3 of his series entitled “Wise Guys”.
In his opening prayer, Pastor Jason asked God to let the words he speaks be inspired by His Holy Spirit. He thanked the Lord for the spirit in the house breaking the yolk of every bondage and setting the captives free. He prayed for God to equip us, to instruct us and to guide us, and that we would leave the service different than when we arrived. “Father we lift you up above everything else and give you our full attention. In Jesus name…Amen”.
“Wise Guys – part 3”
- Locusts are hungry and have an insatiable appetite
- We need an insatiable appetite for what God has planned for us
- We need a drive on the inside of us that yearns for something more
- In life we sometimes get comfortable with mediocrity, and we have no drive, motivation or ambition towards something greater
- We need to be hungry for more
- God is calling us to step out in faith into our next
- Ants will go after something much bigger than they are
- We need to overcome our trials and tribulations to get to our next by having unshakeable faith in a God that can move any mountain!
- Rockbadgers are fierce in the front, but feeble in the back. The rockbadger backs up to the protection of the rock.
- We are protected by a Rock and His name is Jesus and He always has our back!
- The Spiders survival potential is within himself. They are producers. The web is the spiders house and everything he needs to survive comes from within. He is never moved or discouraged and no matter how many times his house gets taken down he builds a new one!
- We have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us and everything we need to fulfill the destiny that God has called us to fulfill!
- God is always preparing us for what He has prepared for us!
- We need to be able to produce the rivers of living water God placed inside of us! (John 7:38)
- Your garden is your inner man!
- Be a producer! Hell cannot handle a productive Christian!
- People try to silence God all the time. But no-one can silence the move of God!
- The media tells us Jesus is a fantasy and Christians are crazy, sad people!
- The more opposition against Jesus, the more He gets lifted up!
- Every-time there is pressure and opposition – we expand!
- God is not irrelevant! His time has NOT passed!
- Our culture is spiraling out of control, with no structure, no boundaries – Everything is permissible! (2nd Timothy 3-4)
- Our culture serves a spirit of “Moral Relativism”
- The view of “Moral Relativism” is that ethical standards, morality, and positions of right or wrong are culturally based and therefore subject to a person’s individual choice. We can all decide what is right for ourselves.
- The view of “Moral Relativism” is in total opposition to the Word of God!
- In this world today, things are hard, vile, discouraging – but it is not hopeless!
- We need to take our territory back from the enemy.
- Remember, the more dark and evil the world gets, the brighter our light shines!
- God has assigned us to take back the nation for the Glory of God!
- Today we have more of an opportunity than any generation before us to evangelize and bring the world back to Jesus!
- The culture is shifting, every generation, 6000 years of history – but God was always in it!
- God is entrusting us to pass on what we know to the next generation!
- God has no grand-children! We are all God’s children!
- If we are not here to impact the next generation, we may as well all just go home to Heaven right now!
- Why are we still here? We are here for a Kingdom purpose!
- We need to pursue the calling of our life and be a light to the lost in our neighborhood, community, nation, world! We need to level up!
- It takes bold audacious people to level up!
- Leveling up requires a growth in our life.
- God creates a larger place for you and allows you to grow into it!
- God will multiply what comes out of you as a blessing!
- God uses what’s in you to create your next!
- We can never fully occupy the promise of that next level in our life without wisdom! (James 3:17)
- Becoming is more important than doing!
- The fruit of your doing is what you become!
- We are becoming what God wants us to be everyday!
- We are Salt & Light!
- Salt changes the flavor of something and Light changes the perspective!
- We cannot depend on elected officials to lead the nation into morality – We have to do it!
- Christians – Come out of the closet and LIVE BOLD!
- We must have revelation knowledge on the inside of us and live by revealed Truth! (Deuteronomy 29:29)
- God is on the throne! Revival is coming!
“Exceedingly wise” … Proverbs 30:24-28
There are four things which are little on the earth,
But they are exceedingly wise:
25 The ants are a people not strong,
Yet they prepare their food in the summer;
26 The rock badgers are a feeble folk,
Yet they make their homes in the crags;
27 The locusts have no king,
Yet they all advance in ranks;
28 The spider skillfully grasps with its hands,
And it is in kings’ palaces.
“We have all we need inside of us”… John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
“Our culture is spiraling out of control”… 2nd Timothy 3-4
3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
“Wisdom from heaven”… James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
“Truth revealed” … Deuteronomy 29:29
29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
By Lisa Young of Truth Church